The Beginning

Starting doing beading in @1995 after getting alcohol poisoning while out partying with friends. It is a talent that God gave me to keep me from trying to kill myself (literally through binge drinking and then driving while drunk) From broken to Reborn, from lost to Found, God gave me this talent to make jewelry and I didn't realize how relevant it was to my life until I was listening to the radio praising God and this song came on (of course I forgot the name and such) but it talked about taking the old and making it new again. God did that with me as I do that with my jewelry! I love taking old broken pieces and recreating something new and exciting. If the necklace doesn't have earrings with it, I can make some to go with it. Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of death. vs 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. It only through Jesus can we be truly changed, He alone has all power to deliver us from the bondage of sin and give us new life.
And while this started out as Jewelry, it has become a creative outlet in Bible Journaling and other crafts. Keep God number one in everything you do!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Make It Monday

Good morning, friends, family, and anyone who is just joining!  This blog has seen better days.  I have neglected it long enough.  Today I saw a post on Facebook that opened my eyes and my heart back to why God put me on this 3rd rock from the Sun.  To share my love with others.  To be a better part to their lives. To make a difference, no matter how small!

Today is the day for change!  (Of course, I would be fighting some bug). Today is the chance to wipe your slate clean and begin refreshed.  God has taken care of your sins and washed you in His blood!  He is the reason behind the rebirth!  God is simply amazing!  You don't have to have a PhD in Physics (paging Dr. Cooper, Dr. Sheldon Cooper).  You just have to have FAITH and believe!  Believe that it is possible for someone to exists that LOVES you so much that He sent HIS ONLY SON to DIE for our SINS (you, me, your parents, your uncle's cousin's aunt's son's brother's daughter (not sure how they are related to you?), your neighbor, the person standing behind you at Wal-Mart) so that WE can have EVERLASTING LIFE!  I know, RIGHT!  Are you speechless?  I was the first time I heard that.  Why?  Because I didn't think anyone, not even my parents, LOVED me.  I thought I was unlovable, useless, good for nothing, NOBODY.  Boy, I didn't know how wrong I was!  And I am so glad too!

I spent my elementary, primary, junior high and high school days like so many have and still do.  BELIEVING that I was WORTHLESS!  I didn't figure out how wrong I was until it was too late.  These days have come and gone, I can't get back the time I lost worrying about how little I thought I mattered.  When in reality, I mattered more than I ever knew!  Because of me, things have changed.  Not just in school but in my life, in other's lives.  AMAZING!

Since today and every Monday until God changes the direction of my life AGAIN (He is always moving me around and pointing me in different directions),  it will be known as Make It Monday.  It could be a craft, or it could be something personal, like making a change.

For this week, I invite you to step forward and make a change.  Ask God to come into your life.  I see the fear on your face.  If I make that change, what is going to happen to me?  You will see that it no longer becomes what about me, it becomes what about someone else.  It becomes how do I make a difference.  Remember you have to take little steps,  God will help you change more as time goes by. He knows we aren't perfect.  He just wants our love.

I challenge you to become second and check out www.iamsecond.com.  Take the 22 day challenge.  Start reading the Bible through www.youversion.com with a daily reading plan.  Today, MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment