The Beginning

Starting doing beading in @1995 after getting alcohol poisoning while out partying with friends. It is a talent that God gave me to keep me from trying to kill myself (literally through binge drinking and then driving while drunk) From broken to Reborn, from lost to Found, God gave me this talent to make jewelry and I didn't realize how relevant it was to my life until I was listening to the radio praising God and this song came on (of course I forgot the name and such) but it talked about taking the old and making it new again. God did that with me as I do that with my jewelry! I love taking old broken pieces and recreating something new and exciting. If the necklace doesn't have earrings with it, I can make some to go with it. Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of death. vs 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. It only through Jesus can we be truly changed, He alone has all power to deliver us from the bondage of sin and give us new life.
And while this started out as Jewelry, it has become a creative outlet in Bible Journaling and other crafts. Keep God number one in everything you do!

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Words of Wisdom Wednesday


Why do we try to achieve "perfection"? Because we look at others and want to be like them (Hello Hollywood...American Idol?)  What does it take to stop and realize that I am not going to be famous in the eyes of the world?  I have spent over 30 years wishing away time wanting to be "perfect". To be someone THE WORLD likes...to be in the right clothes, the right car, the right school, the right picture, the right song.  High school was the worse. We all seem to look and see the green grass on the other side....and want to jump the fence instead of DOING SOMETHING to fix our problem.  I thought I was doing something...I was...THINKING ABOUT WHY I WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH....thinking about how everyone would be happier if I had never been born. (Yes, I put a line through those THOUGHTS because that is just what they are...thoughts...things in my brain that are untrue and only cause me to keep THINKING about them until I have fallen into a hole so deep that I don't want to do anything except wallow in my self pity.)
Taking things for granted, I found myself in a low place.  I still had more than some and still do.  I spent last night "searching" for today's post.  I couldn't get my mind to slow down and then of course several friends kept posting really amazing things on Facebook.  Yes God has been using me more to encourage and motivate others.  I want to challenge my friends and family to help keep each other in check.  In other words, if you see, hear, think or feel that I am slipping away from my Creator...call me on it!  HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE!
I am sorry this is just now getting out - I spent the day with Mom getting pool supplies, tomatoes, mosquito repellent plants, jalapenos, and the oil changed on her jeep.  We also found her a new phone cover, had Mexican for lunch, and wandered around a couple of flea markets.  
Peace out Brussels Sprouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment