The Beginning

Starting doing beading in @1995 after getting alcohol poisoning while out partying with friends. It is a talent that God gave me to keep me from trying to kill myself (literally through binge drinking and then driving while drunk) From broken to Reborn, from lost to Found, God gave me this talent to make jewelry and I didn't realize how relevant it was to my life until I was listening to the radio praising God and this song came on (of course I forgot the name and such) but it talked about taking the old and making it new again. God did that with me as I do that with my jewelry! I love taking old broken pieces and recreating something new and exciting. If the necklace doesn't have earrings with it, I can make some to go with it. Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of death. vs 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. It only through Jesus can we be truly changed, He alone has all power to deliver us from the bondage of sin and give us new life.
And while this started out as Jewelry, it has become a creative outlet in Bible Journaling and other crafts. Keep God number one in everything you do!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Being Present

How often do you answer "I'm here" when someone asks you how you are doing? Are you really "Here" as in PRESENT in that moment or are you "Here" as in just breathing in that moment? 
Do your lines in your live overlap? When do you stop being a mother and start being a wife? What about being a friend and being a co-worker? What about being an employee and being a spouse?  What about being a Christian and living in the world?  Are these lines so blurry that even you can't tell?
If you can't separate the lines, how will others be able to see these different "hats" you might wear? Is that the only hat they see?
I want you to think about what others see even if those others are toddlers and parents. How transparent are you with your "friends" on Facebook? Do they see your lines? Do they know on which side you stand? 
I took a day off from Facebook yesterday and didn't answer many posts. It was a good day. Yes, I missed my friends that I chat with but I enjoyed being in my moment. 
I pray that today and the days to come that you find your moment. Find yourself stopping in that moment and just breathing in God's love for you! 
Much love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment