The Beginning

Starting doing beading in @1995 after getting alcohol poisoning while out partying with friends. It is a talent that God gave me to keep me from trying to kill myself (literally through binge drinking and then driving while drunk) From broken to Reborn, from lost to Found, God gave me this talent to make jewelry and I didn't realize how relevant it was to my life until I was listening to the radio praising God and this song came on (of course I forgot the name and such) but it talked about taking the old and making it new again. God did that with me as I do that with my jewelry! I love taking old broken pieces and recreating something new and exciting. If the necklace doesn't have earrings with it, I can make some to go with it. Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of death. vs 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. It only through Jesus can we be truly changed, He alone has all power to deliver us from the bondage of sin and give us new life.
And while this started out as Jewelry, it has become a creative outlet in Bible Journaling and other crafts. Keep God number one in everything you do!

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Without Rival by Lisa Bevere

This is a bible study my local bible journaling group Scribbling Scripture Sisters has started. I am sure there are many others out there who have started it as well.
I have been re-reading Chapter 1 - An Identity Without Rival this morning. I have been struggling with attacks of rivalry. Rivalry between friends, between family, between time.

This passage has drawn me back time and again:
It is hard to escape the messages and messengers that tell us we are not good enough, young enough, smart enough, fast enough, and rich enough. We are bombarded in the hope that we will shrink to their expectations. It is only human nature that we would want to deflect this incessant bullying that implies we are never enough. When this harassment reaches a critical point, some will yield by conforming and copying, while others will rebel as they sling back accusations of their own. We judge when we feel judged. We shame when we feel shame. We hate when we dislike ourselves. When we’ve been bankrupted, it is not long before we want to rob others. It is a cycle in which everyone loses and nobody wins. But what if the words of Paul were true?
But godliness with contentment is great gain. (1 Tim. 6:6)
Godliness is the ability to adopt God’s vantage point. This means just as we acknowledge how he sees others, we embrace how he sees us. Contentment and being truly comfortable in your own skin won’t breed complacency; they will release creativity! Turn away from all the detractors and distractions. He has his eyes on us so we can lift our eyes to him. What then? Rather than compete for what was never meant for you . . . you would have the energy to discover what is yours. I pray this book brings clarity to what the unwholesome everyday muddies. Rather than striving to win a competition that gains you nothing, I want you positioned to win the war. There is a very real battle going on for the strength of your soul. It is time you took your place in this world. Let’s expose the lies and distractions and find out who you really are.
 Lisa Bevere, Without Rival Revell Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group, © 2016. 
Link to Lisa Bevere

This is how I feel  - being shamed by others, hating because I hate myself, judging others because of years of being judged. Bankrupt due to these feelings sucking out the JOY and PEACE of God!
Enter His gates with THANKSGIVING - for all our trials and sufferings! Do not be afraid to sit silently in HIS presence while you pray about what roads to travel and which words to use. It may drive some people crazy - nuts with WAITING but when you WAIT upon the LORD, your actions will be better directed.
I pray for forgiveness of any wrong doings. I pray that God continues to show me how my uniqueness is amazing and awesome. I pray God opens the eyes and ears of those who need to hear HIS words. I pray God continues to allow me to stay TRANSPARENT to all and gives me a big enough GRACE cape to wrap each boo-boo with after I have cried from the pain I have caused.
I want to see others as YOU see them God. Through your eyes of GRACE and MERCY!
Let me shine for all to see this GRACE and MERCY YOU have given me. Shine YOUR strength and comfort for those who are just as overwhelmed, under encouraged, and frightened!
SHINE YOUR LOVE!
Much love to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment