The Beginning

Starting doing beading in @1995 after getting alcohol poisoning while out partying with friends. It is a talent that God gave me to keep me from trying to kill myself (literally through binge drinking and then driving while drunk) From broken to Reborn, from lost to Found, God gave me this talent to make jewelry and I didn't realize how relevant it was to my life until I was listening to the radio praising God and this song came on (of course I forgot the name and such) but it talked about taking the old and making it new again. God did that with me as I do that with my jewelry! I love taking old broken pieces and recreating something new and exciting. If the necklace doesn't have earrings with it, I can make some to go with it. Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of death. vs 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. It only through Jesus can we be truly changed, He alone has all power to deliver us from the bondage of sin and give us new life.
And while this started out as Jewelry, it has become a creative outlet in Bible Journaling and other crafts. Keep God number one in everything you do!

Friday, June 17, 2016

Faithful Friday

Treasures..Treasures.. I like Treasures aka STUFF aka HOARDING (I mean holding on) all my craft supplies (I know that the 5 rubbermaid STORAGE BOXES (5 Gallon size) of buttons are going to be needed). Yes I will let that sink in for a second....
Yes I said 5 - 5 gallon boxes of BUTTONS. I have red buttons, blue buttons, gold buttons...BUT what do I really NEED all those buttons for. Your guess is as good as mine TODAY but when this obsession/addiction hit me, it made all the sense in the world. It was during a time that I wasn't as close to God as I should have been. It was during a time that I was trying to stand on my own. So my "happiness" was found in buying mixed bags of buttons from Hobby Lobby and other fabric suppliers and sitting for HOURS organizing them by color, shape, and size. Yes, I was not in a good place spiritually so it affected me mentally, emotionally and physically. Amazing HOW all those things are related...things that make you go HHHHMMM!
At that time the buttons made sense. I was majoring in Apparel Design. I had big plans to make all sorts of cool clothes and jewelry but God said NO....at least to the making clothes part. He still wants me to make my jewelry and is pushing me (yes I keep making excuses and resisting.)
I pray that today's bible reading: Luke 12:31-35 opens your eyes and heart to see how little "treasures" on Earth can pile up and steal your happiness! I pray that you listen to God and open up about these treasures to Him. He may know just the person who needs them.
So make a plan and start today building up TREASURES (to me this means building up other Christians) to give God the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment