The Beginning

Starting doing beading in @1995 after getting alcohol poisoning while out partying with friends. It is a talent that God gave me to keep me from trying to kill myself (literally through binge drinking and then driving while drunk) From broken to Reborn, from lost to Found, God gave me this talent to make jewelry and I didn't realize how relevant it was to my life until I was listening to the radio praising God and this song came on (of course I forgot the name and such) but it talked about taking the old and making it new again. God did that with me as I do that with my jewelry! I love taking old broken pieces and recreating something new and exciting. If the necklace doesn't have earrings with it, I can make some to go with it. Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of death. vs 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. It only through Jesus can we be truly changed, He alone has all power to deliver us from the bondage of sin and give us new life.
And while this started out as Jewelry, it has become a creative outlet in Bible Journaling and other crafts. Keep God number one in everything you do!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Tasteful Thursday

Since we have been following a slight theme of hospitality and freedom this month, I thought what better way than with a DIY of the Pineapple Whip (No I have never had one. But I am looking at the recipe with a watering tongue.)
ECK! Okay - so YOU all get to try it but I will have to sit back and watch your reactions. (Stupid Banana Allergy.)


DIY DOLE Whip

Kathy Patalsky
Published 05/31/2015
DIY DOLE Whip
This is a copycat recipe for the yummiest dessert at Disney Parks, DOLE Whip! Rich in real pineapple flavor and goodness, this dairy-free frozen treat is sure to please!

Ingredients

  • 2 cups (frozen-by-you) DOLE pineapple cubes, from a fresh DOLE pineapple (cut by you)
  • 1 DOLE banana, frozen
  • 1/2-1 cup non-dairy milk (soy, almond, coconut...)

Instructions

  1. First you a pineapple, wait until it is fragrant and ripe, then chop it into cubes. Freeze the cubes. Also freeze your own ripe bananas.
  2. Place the pineapple, banana and 1/2 cup non-dairy milk in a high speed blender. Place lid on and start blending from low to high. Continue blending and use your Vitamix tamper (Vitamix is advised for achieving best results.) You want to add as little liquid as possible to maintain the frosty thickness, but add more liquid in small splashes as needed to blend.
  3. Pour the frosty whip into a serving cup, swirl on top with the back of a spoon and serve! Garnish with fresh pineapple if possible. Colorful umbrella optional.
Yield: 1 serving
Cook time: 00 hrs. 05 mins. 
Total time: 5 mins. 
Tags: DESSERT,PINEAPPLE,DOLE,DOLE WHIP,SNACK,BREAKFAST,HEALTHY,ICE CREAM,BANANA

Okay so it really sounds amazing...I will just have to stare at the pictures...

This really relates to today's bible reading of Psalms 103:6-12.
How many times do we look at pictures of others and dream, wish, hope or even PRAY that we could have what they have? Not truly knowing what their SOUL holds or where it is headed.
You may be thinking..Lady you really need to read those verses again....
No - hear me out -
Many people have a picture of God in their head of being a strict dictator - not "allowing" HIS children to have any FUN (that word is overrated just like the word NORMAL - the definition is different for EACH INDIVIDUAL PERSON.)  These verses paint us a different and beautiful picture of the loving Father many of us know, are still coming to know, and hopefully SHINING His LOVE to others.
I am constantly reminded by SATAN of my flaws, my brokenness, my less than value but I am also constantly reminded by GOD that none of that is true. That I am MORE! We all are! But we don't see it. WE are blinded by what we see as flaws and focus on those instead of seeing the beauty that God created.
My prayer today is that God removes the blinders and opens your eyes to the beauty HE sees not what the world THINKS it sees.  I pray that YOU are filled with a peace and joy to walk through the trials set before you. I pray that YOU are filled with comfort and strength in a time of loss. I pray you know you are LOVED! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment