The Beginning

Starting doing beading in @1995 after getting alcohol poisoning while out partying with friends. It is a talent that God gave me to keep me from trying to kill myself (literally through binge drinking and then driving while drunk) From broken to Reborn, from lost to Found, God gave me this talent to make jewelry and I didn't realize how relevant it was to my life until I was listening to the radio praising God and this song came on (of course I forgot the name and such) but it talked about taking the old and making it new again. God did that with me as I do that with my jewelry! I love taking old broken pieces and recreating something new and exciting. If the necklace doesn't have earrings with it, I can make some to go with it. Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of death. vs 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. It only through Jesus can we be truly changed, He alone has all power to deliver us from the bondage of sin and give us new life.
And while this started out as Jewelry, it has become a creative outlet in Bible Journaling and other crafts. Keep God number one in everything you do!

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Thankful Tuesday

As I was looking at today's Bible reading, I was also praying for God to send me what to say.  Of course, sometimes that is more than I have space to type in but maybe today's thoughts can be confined somewhat.
1 Corinthians 13:8-13 - the last part of the "Love" chapter.  When I Google'd Love is the Greatest, a question popped up. "Why is LOVE the GREATEST?"
The answer I found made me think even more (which is the whole reason behind diving into God's word.)  Love is the greatest of these not only because it is eternal, but because, even in this temporal life, where we now live, love is supreme. Love already is the greatest, not only because it will outlast the other virtues, beautiful and necessary as they are, but because it is inherently greater by being the most God–like. God does not have faith or hope, but “God is love” (1 John 4:8)
Today I am thankful God is LOVE, supreme, greatest, eternal! I am not talking mushy Valentine's day love..I am talking sacrificial, surrendering all, asking for nothing in return LOVE. Which many refer to as AGAPE!
I pray today is a shower of blessings and that God's grace rain down on you! May you see the LOVE someone has for you and you hold on to it. You don't have to do anything in return for it - just like God - He doesn't say you only get my love if you send a text message or flowers or candy (being sarcastic). God LOVES you because HE created YOU! He is an awesome Father! I pray that YOU see His LOVE through me! I pray for comfort and strength over my friends and family who are hurting today. I pray for complete healing over those loved ones in the hospital. I pray for wisdom and guidance in our daily walk. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment