The Beginning

Starting doing beading in @1995 after getting alcohol poisoning while out partying with friends. It is a talent that God gave me to keep me from trying to kill myself (literally through binge drinking and then driving while drunk) From broken to Reborn, from lost to Found, God gave me this talent to make jewelry and I didn't realize how relevant it was to my life until I was listening to the radio praising God and this song came on (of course I forgot the name and such) but it talked about taking the old and making it new again. God did that with me as I do that with my jewelry! I love taking old broken pieces and recreating something new and exciting. If the necklace doesn't have earrings with it, I can make some to go with it. Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of death. vs 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. It only through Jesus can we be truly changed, He alone has all power to deliver us from the bondage of sin and give us new life.
And while this started out as Jewelry, it has become a creative outlet in Bible Journaling and other crafts. Keep God number one in everything you do!

Friday, August 26, 2016

Creation Creating

This bible reading struck me today as a good correlation to go along with Without Rival by Lisa Bevere. This is a bible study that the Scribbling Scriptures Sisters will be starting on Thursday. I am excited because God has opened the door to allow me to help encourage other SISTERS and Brothers find their voice in bible journaling. Each of us have a different love language as well as a different journaling language. For some the hardest thing is finding that key to unlock that language.
We have seen many languages (not just the spoken ones) used through out the many Facebook groups dedicated to Bible Journaling. So if you are struggling in finding your voice, do not give up! It is out there and God will help you discover it!

I pray that God awakens your voice and lets it shout HIS praises for all to see! It could be something as simple as note-taking in special colors, to splendid wall hangings. You could be blessed with digital skills or even mad scrapbooking skills. You might can see the colors that go awesome together while someone else can see the right font or shapes needed to make the design come together. God's creations creating beauty together!
Much love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment