The Beginning

Starting doing beading in @1995 after getting alcohol poisoning while out partying with friends. It is a talent that God gave me to keep me from trying to kill myself (literally through binge drinking and then driving while drunk) From broken to Reborn, from lost to Found, God gave me this talent to make jewelry and I didn't realize how relevant it was to my life until I was listening to the radio praising God and this song came on (of course I forgot the name and such) but it talked about taking the old and making it new again. God did that with me as I do that with my jewelry! I love taking old broken pieces and recreating something new and exciting. If the necklace doesn't have earrings with it, I can make some to go with it. Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of death. vs 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. It only through Jesus can we be truly changed, He alone has all power to deliver us from the bondage of sin and give us new life.
And while this started out as Jewelry, it has become a creative outlet in Bible Journaling and other crafts. Keep God number one in everything you do!

Friday, August 12, 2016

Virtues

Do we often pray for these virtues from God - compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience? Sometimes in asking for these, they are tested beyond our human limits.
Many people say if you want these things in your life, you have to show them to others. Kind of hard to have patience with other drivers at 5 pm on any work day, oh yes, yes it is....
Do you practice these even when you don't have LOVE for the others involved in your life?

What about forgiveness? Do you hold onto the bitterness shown to you by a stranger more than your own brother (whether by flesh, marriage or through Christ)? Usually it is the other way around...we are quick to forgive those we don't have to deal with daily, etc. We tend to hold onto our other grievances until they make us sick.

Today was a struggle for me. I am dealing with some personal grievances that I need to give to God but I would rather hold on to them and wallow in my own self pity. It doesn't do anyone any good and it makes me feel like poop...so why do it? It is as if holding on to them will allow me to feel superior...superior-ly sick and stupid in the end.

I pray that God opens your eyes, ears, and heart to the virtues HE knows you need to work on...not the ones YOU want to work on.
I pray that we "Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Thank you Father God for my wonderful Sisters and Brothers that YOU have sent my way. Whether they have touched my life with one single act or through daily chats, I pray YOU are each lifted up until God's righteous mercy and washed anew!
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment