The Beginning

Starting doing beading in @1995 after getting alcohol poisoning while out partying with friends. It is a talent that God gave me to keep me from trying to kill myself (literally through binge drinking and then driving while drunk) From broken to Reborn, from lost to Found, God gave me this talent to make jewelry and I didn't realize how relevant it was to my life until I was listening to the radio praising God and this song came on (of course I forgot the name and such) but it talked about taking the old and making it new again. God did that with me as I do that with my jewelry! I love taking old broken pieces and recreating something new and exciting. If the necklace doesn't have earrings with it, I can make some to go with it. Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of death. vs 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. It only through Jesus can we be truly changed, He alone has all power to deliver us from the bondage of sin and give us new life.
And while this started out as Jewelry, it has become a creative outlet in Bible Journaling and other crafts. Keep God number one in everything you do!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Resting

I hate invisible illnesses. The slightest thing pushes them over the edge and you are left feeling like a bug that was run over by a bulldozer or steamroller. Praying for healing, comfort and strength as those are my needs for today in particular.

I love this Psalms - I have been singing it since I made the image (not the cluster part - just putting the words with it). These verse are a great reminder of how I felt (and feel) when dealing with depression and sadness.

"If God sees that my spiritual life will be furthered by giving me things for which I ask, then He will give them, but that is not the end of prayer. The end of prayer is that I come to know God himself." - O. Chambers

My prayer for you today is that you find comfort and strength in God and allow yourself to rest with in His hands.  All our going going goings drain us...God didn't create us to "run" 24/7/365, etc. We always save Rest in Peace for someone who has passed from this life. Why not use it while we are living...Rest in HIS Peace daily!
Much Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment