The Beginning

Starting doing beading in @1995 after getting alcohol poisoning while out partying with friends. It is a talent that God gave me to keep me from trying to kill myself (literally through binge drinking and then driving while drunk) From broken to Reborn, from lost to Found, God gave me this talent to make jewelry and I didn't realize how relevant it was to my life until I was listening to the radio praising God and this song came on (of course I forgot the name and such) but it talked about taking the old and making it new again. God did that with me as I do that with my jewelry! I love taking old broken pieces and recreating something new and exciting. If the necklace doesn't have earrings with it, I can make some to go with it. Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of death. vs 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. It only through Jesus can we be truly changed, He alone has all power to deliver us from the bondage of sin and give us new life.
And while this started out as Jewelry, it has become a creative outlet in Bible Journaling and other crafts. Keep God number one in everything you do!

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Strive and Wrestle


"If we desire to retain our zeal for those for whom we are praying, and if their needs and distress are to move us to intercede for them daily, we will find that this does not take place without striving and wrestling on our part." - O. Hallesby

Striving and wrestling...that was what yesterday was full of...I was striving to get the house picked back up and somewhat clean (I had been slacking - there are days of slothfulness...) I was wrestling (not physically but it might as well had been) with the internet and computer to get the daily bible reading to load. Satan was doing his best to knock me down and I almost gave up and skipped posting it. BUT I knew that I had to post it for God's words would speak to someone.  
I strive to NOT keep my MOM from doing as much as she could but I wrestle with letting her do much because of her health. I strive to smile while I wrestle with pain. I strive to continue even when I wrestle with failure.

I pray that God's commandments continue to strive in your heart and soul even when you wrestle with your daily struggles.
Much love to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment