The Beginning

Starting doing beading in @1995 after getting alcohol poisoning while out partying with friends. It is a talent that God gave me to keep me from trying to kill myself (literally through binge drinking and then driving while drunk) From broken to Reborn, from lost to Found, God gave me this talent to make jewelry and I didn't realize how relevant it was to my life until I was listening to the radio praising God and this song came on (of course I forgot the name and such) but it talked about taking the old and making it new again. God did that with me as I do that with my jewelry! I love taking old broken pieces and recreating something new and exciting. If the necklace doesn't have earrings with it, I can make some to go with it. Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of death. vs 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. It only through Jesus can we be truly changed, He alone has all power to deliver us from the bondage of sin and give us new life.
And while this started out as Jewelry, it has become a creative outlet in Bible Journaling and other crafts. Keep God number one in everything you do!

Saturday, July 9, 2016

The Road Less Traveled

The road less traveled; yes there is a poem by Robert Frost - "The Road Not Taken", and then you have Dr. Seuss talking about the places you will go; but how strong in our faith are we to follow that road less traveled or taken. 
I know I stumble in that area. I crave my comfort zone. But then again who doesn't.  We experience change from day one of our conception. We begin growing inside our mother. We get very comfortable inside her. We feel safe and protected. THEN we are born. CHANGE happens...some of us experience that change and prosper immediately. Others have difficulty.  God is always with us but as we began developing thoughts and feelings, we lost sight of Him during those changes. As we continue through life and changes, we end up in captivity, walking further from God. Soon we find we miss that warmth, the safety, and protection He gave us early in our lives. We begin seeking Him and He finds us. He renews those bonds. He welcomes us back as though we were never gone.
If you are currently on a road less traveled, be strong and know follow God's plan. He is there with you ALWAYS.

"God is a rich and bountiful Father, and He does not forget His children, nor withhold from them anything which is would be to their advantage to receive." - J. K. Maclean

I pray that you find your road less traveled and you seek God with all your heart. Let HIM set you free!
Much love to you all!
(Yes travelled is spelled wrong in the picture. I didn't write it on the arrow - it was already written that way. Yes there is another mistake in the spacing. I am pointing out that I am aware of these because several of my Grammar (English) Teachers and other Teachers are my friends and might think I didn't check the spelling or anything. God allows mistakes like these in those of us who wish to seek perfection in order to remind us - HE IS IN CONTROL. No matter how hard I try to be perfect, I will not until He calls me home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment